Patient Participation Group
Our newly formed patient participation group began meeting in March 2019. This was an exciting step forward for the surgery, and one we trust will benefit patients hugely too.
The Purpose of the Patient Participation Group
The group's purpose is outlined by terms of reference, which include:
- Seeking feedback from patients on service development and provision to inform and influence decision-making, ensuring services are responsive and continuously improve
- Being a ‘critical friend’ to the surgery by providing feedback on patients’ needs, concerns and interests and challenging the surgery constructively whenever necessary
- Supporting the surgery to communicate with the patient population
- Assisting the surgery and its patients by providing information about local groups and support services
- Communication information about the community which may affect healthcare
- Supporting the surgery in helping patients to become more informed about their health care options
- Promoting good health and higher levels of health literacy amongst patients by encouraging and supporting activities within the surgery, promoting self-care and providing information about health and well-being issues
- Supporting Cwm Taf University Health Board to gain feedback on the provision of and priorities for primary medical care services
- Building relationships with other PPGs and user-led groups in the area
- Giving feedback to and getting involved in local and national consultations
We will use these pages to update all patients with minutes and other items. Sign up to become a member of the PPG
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.