The services available to you at our surgery
You will be used to seeing our friendly GPs and nurses at Meddygfa Glan Cynon Surgery. They form the bedrock of the services we offer at the surgery.
But did you know there are many other excellent medical specialists who also work alongside us? There are:
- Advanced nurse practitioners who can deal with most minor illness questions, prescribe medications, and deal with complex chronic disease enquiries
- Pharmacists who oversee much of our medicines management and provide regular medication reviews
- Physiotherapists who can deal with most musculoskeletal enquiries without you having to speak to a doctor first - just ask a receptionist
- Counsellors from Ty Elis who offer a listening ear
- Mental health practitioners who will support you if you are struggling with anxiety or mild/moderate mental health or emotional difficulties
- Occupational therapists who are specialists in connecting medical conditions with practical solutions at home
- A health and well-being coordinator who can help you connect to other non-medical services, social services or third sector
We'll provide some more information on each of these areas in the coming weeks!
Published: Jun 29, 2021